3 Haziran 2009 Çarşamba

198 Chris Mars

Product Technicians


Relinquishing


Devolved Status

2005
"The imagery that is my work stems from the very strong visual and emotional impact of growing up in a family marked by mental illness. My eldest brother Joe suffers from schizophrenia. Joe experienced his first pronounced episode at age 16, and was immediately institutionalized. As a result, I acquired an early and lasting fear that if you are not one of society’s “Normal” members, then you are likely to be labeled, whisked embarrassingly away from your family, stripped of your freedom, drugged and humiliated. Joe was hospitalized on and off throughout my childhood and adolescent years. The seemingly medieval hospital visuals etched into my consciousness, along with the trauma of my brother being repeatedly taken from us. The sights, sounds and smells I experienced as a small child visiting him there are prevalent throughout my work..." more


Chris Mars çok acayipmiş. niceee

1 yorum:

Loreathan dedi ki...

Wow gerçekten muhteşemmiş. Resimlere bakınca hissettim resmen adamın anlattıklarını